A Statewide Network For Biology Educators
Fall Conference 2021
The conference committee made the difficult decision today to postpone the Fall conference until Spring 2022.
MCCB provides a state-wide forum for sharing instructional techniques and up-to-date information for teaching college-level biology. The organization fosters communication, friendship, and unity among the biologists of the twenty-nine community colleges in the State of Michigan. Our logo reflects the location of those 29 colleges. Two state-wide conferences are held annually.
Founded in the early 1980’s, MCCB began as an offshoot of COSIP (the College Science Improvement Program). Two COSIP groups were originally created in Michigan: a southern group of colleges (associated with the University of Michigan/Dearborn and directed by Dr. Hertzler) and a northern group of colleges (associated with Central Michigan University and directed by Dr. Carl Scheel). The initial meeting to form a statewide organization of community colleges took place at Delta College in 1981. The first slate of officers was elected at that time, with Eldon Enger as President and Janet Dettloff as Vice-President
- Time to Renew/Join MCCB for 2021-2022!
- Spring 2022 Adjunct Zoology Instructor – Montcalm Community College (Sidney)
- Fall 2021 Adjunct Intro A&PI Instructor – Oakland Community College (Orchard Ridge Campus)
- Fall 2021 Adjunct Intro A&P Instructor – Montcalm Community College (Sidney)
- Fall 2021 Adjunct A&PII Instructor – Davenport University (Midland)