A Statewide Network For Biology Educators
Fall 2022 In-Person Conference
Location: Mid-Michigan Community College
Host: Jeff Percha email@example.com
Dates: Friday and Saturday, October 14th and 15th, 2022
Accommodations on or before 09/30/22.
Registration and more details will be available here soon.
MCCB provides a state-wide forum for sharing instructional techniques and up-to-date information for teaching college-level biology. The organization fosters communication, friendship, and unity among the biologists of the twenty-nine community colleges in the State of Michigan. Our logo reflects the location of those 29 colleges. Two state-wide conferences are held annually.
Founded in the early 1980’s, MCCB began as an offshoot of COSIP (the College Science Improvement Program). Two COSIP groups were originally created in Michigan: a southern group of colleges (associated with the University of Michigan/Dearborn and directed by Dr. Hertzler) and a northern group of colleges (associated with Central Michigan University and directed by Dr. Carl Scheel). The initial meeting to form a statewide organization of community colleges took place at Delta College in 1981. The first slate of officers was elected at that time, with Eldon Enger as President and Janet Dettloff as Vice-President
- Biology (Anatomy & Physiology) – Tenure Track Instructor
- Lansing Community College has a job opening for an Adjunct Instructor of Biology.
- Lansing Community College has a job opening for a Full-time Assistant Professor of Biology.
- Time to Renew/Join MCCB for 2021-2022!
- Spring 2022 Adjunct Zoology Instructor – Montcalm Community College (Sidney)